Online Roadshow: Birmingham
10:00AM, Thursday 17 June 2021
In partnership with Volvo Trucks
A free-to-attend webinar aimed at HGV and van operators exploring the route they need to take on their journey to decarbonise their fleet.
It will help you understand the UK government’s strategy in reaching its ambition of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, and what this means for CV fleets.
Birmingham City Council will share its own decarbonisation strategy, with a look at public refuelling infrastructure to support fleets in transitioning to sustainable fuels and technology.
Leading manufacturers and fleet operators will bring the latest technology to life, from drop-in biofuels and renewable natural gas, through to electric and hydrogen fuel cells.
Ambition, policy and strategy (10.05-11.00)
• Councillor Waseem Zaffar, Cabinet Member for Transport and Environment, Birmingham City Council: the city's journey towards its ambition of becoming net zero carbon.
• Gloria Esposito, head of sustainability, Zemo Partnership: the government's route map for CVs to achieve zero-carbon emissions.
• David Horsfall, director, Tyseley Energy Park: the role of public-access refuelling and how this can help local firms trial cleaner fuels. Q&A: turning ambition into reality - trials, support and guidance.
Operating factors (11.00-12.30)
• John Comer, product manager, Volvo Trucks: overview of the wide range of new technology and fuels on the market and under development for commercial vehicles.
• Colin Smith, programme manager, Energy Saving Trust: support tools in place to help operators take their first steps in decarbonising their fleets.
• Catherine Bowen, senior policy advisor, BVRLA: the role of leasing and rental in helping operators make the transition away from diesel.
• Olly Craughan, head of CSR, DPD Group UK: parcels firm DPD shares knowledge from its own drive to reduce the carbon footprint of its fleet through adopting new technology and operating practices.
Q&A and discussion: Making zero carbon emissions a reality for all fleets, large and small.